County Events and Job listings
Executive Assistant -- County Executive's Office
The Executive Assistant in the County Executive's Office is a fulltime position. The Assistant will master all skills required in the County Executive's Office. The County Executive has the sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist other office staff with answering the phone and assisting those who come into the office.
- Work closely with Human Resource department:
- Receive Payroll sheets from the departments.
- Establish and maintain good communications with the departments concerning Payroll.
- Enter Payroll figures into Local Government software, check thoroughly for accuracy.
- Process Payroll in the LG software and transmit Payroll to the bank for direct deposit processing.
- Transmit each payroll pay period information to the on-line e-stub carrier.
- Assist employees with their on-line e-stub set up, if needed.
- Assist on Accounts Payable:
- Work closely with other staff members on receiving account information for purchase order requests from county departments. Entering the account information into the LG software, then printing and distributing the purchase orders.
- Processing invoices for payment by entering information into the LG software, then printing and distributing checks.
- Reconciling data entry and financial transactions.
- Researching and applying for Grants.
- Work closely with the County Executive in promoting Community and Economic Development by:
- Representing the County Executive at low level community meetings and working with the County Executive to develop community and economic development projects.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have an Associate's Degree (Bachelors preferred).
- Felony or misdemeanor convictions may disqualify applicant as decided on a case by case basis.
Salary Range: $27,000 - $35,000 depending on education and experience
Send Resume to: Mr. Randy Porter, Putnam County Executive
300 E. Spring Street, Room 8 Cookeville, TN 38501
RESUME DEADLINE IS JULY 5, 2016 at 4pmView all events