County Events and Job listings
Recreation Program Coordinator - Putnam County Parks and Recreation Department
Putnam County Parks and Recreation seeks qualified applicants for the position of program coordinator.
JOB TITLE: Recreation Program Coordinator – Putnam County Parks and Recreation Department
OBJECTIVE: To perform a variety of duties associated with providing administrative assistance and support to the Parks and Recreation Department relating to facility management and community interaction and provides oversight and direction of recreational programming, camps and special events.
1. Reports to-Receives immediate supervision from the Director of Putnam County Parks and Recreation. May receive indirect supervision from additional staff.
2. Directs-Seasonal program staff, volunteers, instructors and participants
This position is engaged in planning, implementing, coordinating, and supervising recreation programs with involvement in managing sports programs and swim program/services, summer camps, and special events for the community.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
1. Plan, organize, and implement recreation programs by overseeing a variety of sports and recreation programs, ordering supplies and collecting registrations.
2. Work independently and be responsible for overseeing activities at designated locations such as parks, baseball/softball fields and other public facilities. Includes setting up and take down at facilities and areas for special events, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
3. Prioritize job tasks and complete them within specified time frames meeting strict deadlines.
4. Assists in recruiting, training, supervising, directing and evaluating seasonal staff, instructors, volunteers and participants.
5. Collects activity and registration records and prepares routine and complex program plans and requirements well in advance for budgetary recommendations; prepares reports describing and evaluating programs at completion of activity and identifies methods and areas to improve.
6. Maintains supplies, equipment and materials in support of athletic and recreation programs and advises the Director in advance of program equipment and supply needs.
7. Perform necessary manual labor and skilled tasks that may require lifting heavy objects, stooping, bending and twisting.
8. Assists in overseeing Swim Center operation (lifeguards, swim classes, and party rentals), including the physical maintenance, chemical testing, and administration of chemicals.
9. Monitors the day-to-day operations of athletic and recreation programs including making site visits, handling and resolving complaints and ensuring that programs have required materials and supplies, and formulates and organizes program plans and schedules for seasonal and/or year-round activities.
10. Enforces County policies, procedures and park rules for staff, instructors, volunteers and contracted facility renters as well as enforcement of safety and operating procedures and provides for maintenance needs including compliance with health and safety codes and building codes.
11. Performs other such duties as may be assigned.
2-4 Years experience in Athletics
Proficient in MS Office
Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
Excellent time-management and organizational skills
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Detail-oriented and efficient
Knowledge of Pool Chemicals (preferred)
BSc/BA in Sports Management/Business Administration (preferred)
$25,000- $31,600 (Commensurate w/ education and experience)
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 931-526-8015