County Events and Job listings
Maintenance Worker- Community Centers
Putnam County Parks and Recreation seeks applicants for the position of maintenance worker. The maintenance worker performs routine and extensive maintenance to community centers and other athletic facilities across the county. Primarily, performing landscaping and grounds work. Requirements: High school diploma, 3 yrs grounds keeping experience, previous carpentry, plumbing, or electrical experience, previous experience operating tractors and zero turn mowers. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly. May require occasional night, weekend, and holiday work. Accepting applications until 05/16/2016 at 240 Carlen Dr. or by fax at 931-525-1518.
Performs routine and extensive maintenance to community centers and other athletic facilities across the county. Primarily, performs landscaping and grounds work.
• Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
• Mow or edge lawns, using power equipment.
• Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
• Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge/brush trimmers, and axes.
• Prune/trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
• Gather and remove litter.
• Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures, such as buildings, fences, and benches, using hand or power tools.
• Mix and spray/spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand/automatic sprayers or spreaders.
• Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, or other grounds features.
• Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
• Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
• Operate a zero turn mower, weed trimmer, and tractor on a daily basis
• Perform basic carpentry skills daily
• Perform basic plumbing techniques daily
• Perform basic electrical techniques daily
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly
• Occasional weekend, holiday, and night work may be required
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years experience in grounds keeping
• Previous experience in carpentry, plumbing, or electrical
• Previous experience operating zero turn mowers and tractors
• Valid Tennessee Drivers license
Salary is $25,000View all events