Performs routine and extensive maintenance to community centers and other athletic facilities across the county. Primarily, performs maintenance work, landscaping, and janitorial tasks.
• Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
• Mow or edge lawns, using power equipment.
• Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
• Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge/brush trimmers, and axes.
• Prune/trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
• Gather and remove litter.
• Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures, such as buildings, fences, and benches, using hand or power tools.
• Mix and spray/spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand/automatic sprayers or spreaders.
• Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other grounds features.
• Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
• Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
• Operate a zero turn mower and weed trimmer.
• Clean and mop floors
• Clean Bathrooms
• Provide necessary janitorial and maintenance services for pools and community centers as needed
• Perform basic carpentry skills daily
• Perform basic plumbing techniques daily
• Perform basic electrical techniques daily
• Other tasks may be assigned as needed
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly
• Occasional weekend, holiday, and night work may be required
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience operating zero turn mowers and tractors
• Valid Tennessee Drivers license
$24,450- $30,050 pay is commensurate with education and experience